Revolutionizing Indian Logistics and Transportation Industry with Trucking Cube (Containers)
Logistics Industry is the integration of warehousing, transport, and freight-forwarding services. By directly ameliorating the quality of moving services, this sector makes a major contribution to the Indian economy and livelihood of the people and national prosperity. The present logistics system still has shortcomings regarding its safety, efficiency, and sustainability. They hamper the economic development of the country and thus need to be resolved.
According to an article published in Inc42, a loss of more than 42,000 Cr. Yearly is incurred by the Indian Logistics and transportation sector and the sole reason behind such a big loss is “surface logistics”.
Let us first go through the main challenges of the industry.
• Cargo Transshipment is done when a change in the mode of transportation is required during transit. Also, it is preferred when goods are to be shifted from a large carrier to a small carrier and during the breakdown of the original carrier. Transshipment of goods is carried out to reduce the cost of moving but it can cause damage to the goods. This process is one of the main reasons of cargo damage or loss.
Despite the fact that the majority of goods are transported by roadways, the condition of roads in India is poor. Such road conditions lead to the breakdown of trucks due to which it becomes a need of the hour to transship the cargo to a new truck. This increases the chances of damage to the consignment.
• Transporting goods in open trucks not only increases the risk of goods damage or loss due to bad weather or theft but also hikes the moving cost. Also, the truck transportation services are expensive as the customers have to pay for the entire truck even if their consignment is of less volume and size.
Keeping the consignment damage and loss in mind, the road transport Ministry of India has laid a rule to transport goods in closed-body carriers. It has also been added that in cases where goods are necessary to be transferred in open trucks, the service providers should make use of protective covers like tarpaulin sheets.
• Unavailability of appropriate storage is another problem that prevails in the industry. Temperature-sensitive items, including pharmaceutical, chemical, and agricultural produce need special storage that is capable of preventing the process of oxidization. If these products are not stored at right temperatures then they get damage.
Due to these challenges, the cost of logistics goes up that eventually shows the effect on the Gross Domestic Product of the country. The Logistics and transportation sector in India contributes only 13% in GDP of the economy.
Trucking Cube (container): Redefining the Process of Storage and Transportation
This extraordinary concept of Trucking Cube (containers) is brought by Mr.Ramesh Agarwal, the chairman of Agarwal Packers and Movers Ltd. His motive behind introducing these special storage containers is to eliminate the logistics problems. These containers have redefined the storage and transportation process as well as cut down the logistics cost by 8% and enhancing the quality by 200%.
Curious to know more about these specially designed cubes? The waiting moment has come to an end and here is an array of advantages offered by these unique storage containers.
1. A range of Sizes: First of all, the trucking cubes are designed in multiple sizes for consignments of varied volumes and weights. The cubes are available in 6 sizes- 4, 6, 8, 12, 16 and 20 feet and are named as Cube (Container) Ace, Cube (Container) Pick Up, Cube (Container) 407, Cube (Container) 709, Cube (Container) 1109, and 20" ISO (Container) respectively. The size chart of cubes will help you find the best fit for your cargo.
2. Zero transshipment Method: The trucking cube is a versatile option to transport the goods with maximum security without changing the transportation mode or vehicle. Even in case of breakdown of the carrier, this whole container is lifted and kept in the new vehicle, eliminating the risk of damage.
3. Money-saving Option: When you hire trucks for goods transportation then you have to make payment for the entire carrier irrespective of your cargo’s size. But this is not the case with the trucking cubes as you pay only for the area taken up by your cube. You choose a container of right size in which your goods are safely accommodated.
4. Integration of Air-Circulation System: When goods are shipped from one place to another, the process can take some time and even days that can lead to the expiry of perishable and pharmaceutical products. They are required to be kept at appropriate temperatures otherwise oxidization happens.
These special cubes give a permanent solution to this problem as they are fitted with Air-circulation system. It regulates the air inside the container to maintain the quality of such products.
5. Assures all-round protection: The Company followed the ISO guidelines to construct these special cubes. They are weather-resistant, fire-resistant, and pest-free, which means there is no scope of damage to goods during relocation.
6. GPS Tracking System: These containers feature GPS trackers that enable you to track the location of your goods anytime, anywhere with convenience. You need not have to contact the vehicle driver to know about your consignment.
7. Safety features: With the safety belts, net and shock absorbent vehicle floor pads, your belongings remain safe throughout the process of shifting and get delivered to you in “intact” condition.
8. Happy Acceptance of Part Shipment: Want to transport a part load? Don’t worry it’s no more difficulty with these containers. Due to their availability in distinct sizes, you can avail part shipment services too. Even your part load is considered as a full load and stored in these exclusive cubes.
9. Easy transportation of Vehicle and Goods together: If you own a car, bike, or any other vehicle and wish to get it transported along with your other goods then it’s possible with trucking cubes. Your vehicle, as well as your cube, is carried by a single carrier, eliminating the need to book truck individually for both of them.
10. Virtual Warehousing Facility: The trucking cubes serve as virtual warehouses in which your goods are safe and secured all the times. No matter where your container is kept, no one except you can touch your belongings.
Know-How Goods are transported in Trucking Cubes (Containers)
The concept Trucking Cube (Container) is revolutionary that enable truck rental companies to assure zero per cent transshipment. The process of goods transportation using trucking cubes is simple and easy to understand.
Step 1: Selection of Cube
As per the consignment’s weight & volume, you’re required to pick the appropriate cube size. In case you’re unable to make the right selection, you can use the calculator to find the best option for your cargo.
Step 2: Loading of Goods
Your goods are loaded in the selected cube and secured with the safety net. Additionally, the shock-absorbing pads laid on the vehicle’s floor keep the goods protected against jerks and shocks during movement.
Step 3: Personal Lock
Achieve assurance about the protection of your consignment, against pilferage, theft and zero transshipment by putting your personal lock on your container and retaining the keys with you.
Step 4: Container Reaches the Company’s Yard at Origin City
After loading and locking of goods in the container, it is transported to the yard of the company on a pick-up vehicle. At Yard, the container is consolidated along other trucking cubes that are to be shipped to the same destination city in a 32’ long vehicle.
Step 5: Tracking of your Cube
Stay updated about the location of your cargo every second via the tracking facility provided by the company. Each trucking cube is fitted with GPS trackers that keep you updated about your consignment timely.
Step 6: Container reaches the Yard of the company at Destination City
Before your container is delivered at your doorsteps, it reaches the company’s yard located in the destination city. Now, the cube is shifted to a pick-up carrier for final delivery to you.
Step 7: 24-Hour Storage Service
When you ship your goods in trucking cubes then the company offers you free storage service for up to 24 hours from the delivery date. This is completely complimentary. In addition to this, if you wish to store your goods in their safe custody for more than 24 hours then you can also avail this service by paying minimal charges.
Step 8: Trucking Cubes Delivery
Once Cube gets delivered to your new place, you can unlock it with keys kept with you since the beginning of the process and see that your goods reached you in an unscathed condition.
“Trucking Cubes (containers)” are brought in the Logistics industry with a vision of improvising the goods transportation services. Designed with all the facilities to store different type of goods, these containers ensure convenient and secured transportation of goods over miles. This innovation is worth appreciation as it has plus point for both the company and clients.