Intermodal Logistics Made Easier with Trucking Cube (container)
Whether you are shifting within or outside the domestic country, stress accompanies your relocation idea. You have two options to choose from when it comes to shifting that is to carry out packing process by yourself and hire truck for shipping goods and another one is to hire local packers and movers who will take care of all packing and moving activities by themselves.
When relocating, the safety of your belongings is your main concern, which is at higher risk when moving with random truck transportation service provider. The labor is least concerned about the goods protection and thus loads and unloads everything carelessly.
Apart from the carelessness of labor, several factors result in deterioration of the products and articles. They are elaborated below for your understanding.
Transshipment & Improper Infrastructure
What is freight transshipment? It’s is a process of freight transfer from one shipping vehicle to another during vehicle breakdown and intermodal transportation. This procedure can cause damage to your belongings, which makes a reason for loss to both the truck rental company and you. You goods are manually shifted by labor to another trailer in a hurry to avoid any delay in the freight delivery.
The improper infrastructure of India, including poor road conditions, is contributing massively to the loss of goods during shipping. Consignment shipping in India depends on National Highways. While NH comprises just about 2% of the Indian road network, they carry total traffic of about 40%. Consequently, these National Highways are extremely congested leading in freight transportation only one-third of the distance covered in developed countries.
The road conditions in India, including the NHs, is improving but is still not feasible in many areas. According to stats, less than 10% of the total road infrastructure in India is motor able. Such road conditions end up in causing a mechanical problem to the vehicle, calling for the transshipment and loss of goods.
Case Study: Delivery of a Full Truck Load of White Goods
As discussed above that poor road conditions in India is one of the biggest reasons behind the cargo damage. Below is a case study that shows how improper infrastructure leads to a massive loss to a well-known manufacturing company of white goods.
Firstly, the vendor loaded all the white goods in the truck from the anonymous manufacturer’s warehouse and shipped the load for the destination. During transportation; owing to the inappropriate road conditions the goods bear a lot of bumps and jerks. Later, it was found that white goods that are kept at first in the truck are in “intact” condition while the others got damaged and dents. The goods are sold to the buyers, but eventually, the company faced more costs as complaints in damaged products increased within the warranty period.
Consequences of Poor Road Quality
• High possibility of damage and dents to sensitive white goods.
• The damaged products have to be sold at a discounted price for no manufacturing fault.
• High claims from the distributors resulting in more costs.
• Increase in the number of complaints about the product within the warranty period; hence incur more cost to the brand.
This is the reason why the Indian Government should shift its focus towards the conditions of road as it will ultimately add to the GDP of the economy.
Loss of Farm Items and TTSPP
Time and Temperature-sensitive Pharmaceutical products and farm produce can turn inconsumable if not stored at predefined temperatures. The time-consuming transportation process and unavailability of temperature-controlled storage is another cause of loss to both producer and transporter. Such items get oxidized easily and thus require special storage boxes.
Poor State of Warehouses
Estimations show that warehousing costs [3.3 (2)] come out to be nearly 10% of the total costs of logistics. Despite this, the condition of warehousing is extremely miserable. On the warehousing front, approximately 80% of warehouses are conventional with an area of less than 10,000ft². Most of them are not leak-proof, equipped with surveillance systems, racking and storage facilities, etc. Also, there is a shortage of warehouses. This is due to the unavailability of land for warehousing at the right place and the right price. The warehouse shortage results in theft of goods sometimes.
Space Wastage & Increased Moving Expenses
When you have to pay for the full-load truck even when you own a part shipment, then your moving expenses go up. Considering the traditional moving method where you book trucks (open-body carriers), the size of your freight doesn’t make any difference in the transportation cost sheet. You also incur the cost for the unutilized space in the trailer.
According to anonymous leading packers and movers in India, nearly 70% of open trucks are having area wastage at least 4’ and highly 20’. Calculating the average percentage, there is 15% of the unused area that leads to approximately 18,000 crores freight loss owing to space wastage.
Isn’t would be great if you have to pay only for the used resource?
The purpose of the above discussion about the current problems prevailing in the packing and moving industry to make you understand the need of hiring a professional logistics partner that deploys effective and efficient ways of transporting your valued possessions.
Before proceeding further to the solution of all these issues, here is an overview of intermodal transportation, which is one of the factors due to which transshipment is done.
Intermodal Transportation Method
Intermodal consignment transportation is an amalgamation of two or more different mode of transportation such as a ship, rail, truck, and aircraft for movement of freight from origin to the final destination.
To facilitate easy intermodal transportation, shipping containers like “Trucking Cubes (containers)” make a handy option. This alternative is a creation of one of the leading packers and movers in India “Agarwal Packers and Movers Ltd.”. The objective of the company’s chairman behind bringing such an innovative concept is to eliminate transshipment as well as reduce the transshipment loss in the industry that accounts to 42,000 crores annually.
Trucking Cube (container) Details not to Miss
What Trucking Cube is all about?
A Trucking Cube (container) is a specialized storage container for transportation of customer’s possessions from one location to another.
You can be assured of the safety of the goods as it is made to the standards of the International Standard Organization (ISO). This standard-defining body has set the standards for the durability, strength, and size of the shipping containers. Fortunately, the APML trucking cubes have met all the ISO standards and are apt for shipping purpose.
How does Trucking Cube Help Customers?
These cubes impart many benefits to the customers and those are detailed below:
1. Prime Focus on the “Goods Safety”: The Company primarily focuses on the safety of the shipped consignment and thus brought these cubes for transshipment-free transportation of goods. The team picks the entire container using a crane to change its place from one carrier to another. There is no manual shifting of goods is involved in the process therefore, no damage is caused to the goods.
For the added protection of your cargo, the floor of the cube is covered with a shock-absorbent pad to tolerate the jerks and bumps during transit. Furthermore, the safety belts and net keep it in place.
2. No More Spoilage of Farm and TTSPP: Thanks to the air-circulation system of the trucking cubes that solves the problem of spoilage of TTSPP and farm produce. The air regulation is facilitated through this system, maintaining the quality and efficacy for such items.
3. Virtual Warehousing: Another benefit of trucking cubes to the clients is that they get the proper warehousing facilities without any additional payments. These containers are locked by you as well as keys are retained by you for the purpose of container unlocking at the destination. This means you are the only person to touch your belongings at the destination. In this way, shipping cubes work as virtual warehouses. You can ask for warehousing and storage facility at any point during the transportation process.
It’s delightful to know that you’ll get a complimentary 24-hour storage facility at the destination place. In an event you want to avail the storage service for more than 1 day then you can do so by paying minimal charges.
4. No Additional Payment for Unused Space: Trucking cubes are advantageous in comparison to open Lorries as you don’t have to incur the unnecessary cost of the entire vehicle. The cubes come in 4-feet, 6-feet, 8-feet, 12-feet, 16-feet, & 20-feet. You’ll be asked to pick a cube that matches the size of your freight. You’ll be charged for the cube instead of the entire carrier space. Thus, the issue of space wastage and the high moving cost is resolved by these containers.
5. GPS System: The Company has added a new feature of GPS trackers that assist the clients in monitoring and tracking their consignment. A unique GC number would be provided to you, which you need to enter on the page “Track Cube” on the official website TruckingCube.com.
6. Hassle-Free Shipment of Car And Cargo At Once: Don’t hire individual trucks for car and cargo when you have trucking cubes. They both can be shipped together in one go in just one carrier without increasing the cost of moving. The process of consignment shipment using trucking cubes is smooth and easy to understand.
Are there any plus points of trucking cubes for the Vendor?
Yes, the concept is also beneficial for the vendor. APML has over 30 years of industry experience and thus it is well aware of all the challenges. Considering the industry challenges, the trucking cubes are launched. Here is how the special shipping containers are efficient from the vendor’s point of view:
1. The trucking cubes are considered as virtual warehouses and this concept has smartly removed the requirement of traditional warehouses. Due to this, there is a considerable reduction in the cost of warehouse rental and operation by 30%.
2. The practicality of these containers for shipment of cargo and car simultaneously in one flat-bed truck has reduced the cost of fuel consumption by 25%.
Most Advantageous Transportation Method
This new launch by Mr.Ramesh Agarwal, APML Chairman is commendable as it fulfills the requirements of both the firm and clients without increasing costs. The trucking cubes have led to logistics cost reduction by 8% and efficiency improvement by 200%. As the Company said “Our true achievement is our clientele and we can go the extra mile for them”, this container trucking facility has truly satisfied the customers.